I HAVE BEEN TAGGED!! I am now officially "it," and therefore will now recite my answers to the Liebster Award questions that Grace from Don't You Know that I'm Singing has asked. (The Liebster Award is simply a thing that involves a blogger being tagged by another blogger to answer certain questions asked by the second blogger; the first blogger will then answer the second blogger's questions in a blog post of his own, tagging other bloggers to answer his (or her) questions). I hope that all made sense...
Anyhow, here are Grace's questions! Thanks for the tag, Grace!
Three favorite quotes, phrases, or sayings?
Do you play instruments? If so, what instruments?
How many siblings do you have?
Outside or inside?
Favorite genre of music and least favorite?
Someone you would really like to meet in person someday (doesn’t have to be a celebrity ;)
3 favorite Bible passages/chapters? (I’m not one of those cruel people who tell you to pick 1 verse… ;)
Favorite music album?
And here are my answers to her questions:
1. My Favorite Author is God, Who created me and everything else good and wonderful in this world. I am forever indebted to Him for all His goodness to me. (My second favorite author would have to be J.R.R. Tolkien). ;)
2. THREE?? I'm supposed to pick THREE??? How is anyone to do that??? I guess I can try...
"It may be said that the chief purpose of life, for any one of us, is to increase according to our capacity our knowledge of God by all the means we have, and to be moved by it to praise and thanks." - J.R.R. Tolkien "Above all shadows rides the Sun." - J.R.R. Tolkien "It's like in the great tales, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going, because they were holding on to something... That there is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for!" - Samwise Gamgee
Anyhow, there's your three. :)
3. I do play instruments; more specifically, the violin and piano (although occasionally I can improvise and do some drumming). I think, however, that I prefer listening to music than playing it. :)
4. I am the oldest of five full siblings and besides these I have five half-siblings. This situation is due to my father's first wife dying from cancer after having my first five half-siblings. At that point, my father married my mother and thus had my five full siblings and myself. Strange, isn't it? Anyhow, all of my half-siblings have all grown up and left the home to my brothers, sister, mother, and myself.
5. Hmm... It depends. I think my mood changes on this one. I like the inside because it is away from wind, rain, snow, and all other kinds of inclement and nasty weather. The outside can be great though, when the day is nice and the sun and wind conspire together to create just the perfect atmosphere.
6. My favorite genre of music is probably Celtic, although I do like certain other kinds as well. Certain hymns, epic music, and movie scores generally appeal to me, although I believe all of the ones that I love are influenced by Celtic Music. So I'd have to go with Celtic Music. My least favorite music genre is probably rap or rock; country is also terrible, as is jazz.
7. I am looking forward to meeting God face-to-face in Heaven someday, along with J.R.R. Tolkien, my father, many fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, and Christian ancestors. I think I might also like to meet a few other unspecified people as well...
8. Umm... Chocolate??
9. Thanks Grace for not being so cruel and making me pick one. ;) My favorite verses are: 1 Corinthians 13, Jeremiah 29:11, and Psalm 119:105 (and I have others). My favorite book of the Bible is John.
10. Hard to say... Normally, I like only some of the songs to an album; not all. I'll just list my three favorite: The Return of the King: The Complete Recordings, Voices of Angels by The Celtic Woman, and the How to Train Your Dragon Soundtrack. I can't tell you positively that these are my three most favorite, but they were the three that came to mind almost immediately...
11. I have many. I like writing, blogging, etc., but I think that what I like best to do in my spare time is to make other people happy in some way by doing something for them.
To answer these questions:
1. Do you like your life better now than before?
2. (And to steal some of Grace's questions) What is your favorite Bible verses and/or passages?
3. What sort of music do you love the best?
4. What country would you live in besides the U.S.?
5. What are your favorite books?
6. What is your favorite part in The Lord of the Rings movie series?
7. From a scale of one to ten, how would you rate The Hobbit movie series?
8. What is your opinion on the Star Wars movie series?
Hope you have had fun reading, readers! What do you think of my opinions on the various topics discussed above? How would you answer the questions I've asked my fellow bloggers? Navaer! ;)