I will now introduce
you to myself and to my blog with the few following paragraphs!
First, about me:
- I am... a Child of God, male, teenaged, American, a Tolkienite (or Tolkienian), a Paralegal student, a Celtic Enthusiast, and a blogger.
- Name: My pen name, and the one I usually go by is "J.S. Clingman." But you can call me "J.S." ;)
- Age: 14 Years of Age (as of 2018).
- Interests: Tolkien, Middle-Earth, Christian history, Photography, Art, Writing, Ireland and Scotland, Blogging and reading other people's blogs, etc. These interests are naturally the subjects on which I post on. :)
- Favorite Movie: The Return of the King comes first. Then The Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers.
- Occupations: All of my occupations are mainly hobbies for now, but they are as follows: writing, reading, photography, studying, enjoying nature, editing lotr.wikia.com, blogging (obviously), and a lot of other random things. :)
- Location: I live with my five siblings and mother (along with a plethora of other animals, including a dog and two cats) on a farm at Clingman Hall, in The Ozarks of Missouri; my fictional locations are many, including Bag End (22 Bagshot Row Bag End Sm. Hobbiton, The Shire). ;)
- Personality Type: INFP-T (I = Introversion, N = iNtuition, F = Feeling, P = Perceiving).
- Favorite Book: The Bible, of course. I also like The Hobbit and The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Favorite Quotes: Oh, dear... I have a lot, and these listed here are not all; anyhow, here are some of my favorite quotes (many are posted from my Wattpad profile):
"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." - Jeremiah 29:11
"Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends." - John 15:13
"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth." - John 1:14
"The Lord is my light and my salvation;
Whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the strength of my life;
Of whom shall I be afraid?" - Psalm 27:1
"The Lord executes righteousness
And justice for all who are oppressed." - Psalm 103:6
"The Lord is merciful and gracious,
Slow to anger, and abounding in mercy.
He will not always strive with us,
Nor will He keep His anger forever.
He has not dealt with us according to our sins,
Nor punished us according to our iniquities.
For as the heavens are high above the earth,
So great is His mercy toward those who fear Him;
As far as the east is from the west,
So far has He removed our transgressions from us." - Psalm 103:8-12
"Cause me to understand the way of your precepts,
that I may meditate on your wonderful deeds." - Psalm 119:27
"...God is light, and in him is no darkness at all." - 1 John 1:5
"Your word is a lamp for my feet, and a light on my path." Psalm 119:105
"The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it." - John 1:5
"...His Love endures forever." - Psalm 107:1
"Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. ℓσνє ηєνєr 𝔣𝔞𝔦𝔩𝔰." - 1 Corinthians 13
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." - John 3:16
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." – Gandalf the Grey
"Deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised." – Aragorn
"Even the smallest person can change the course of history." – Lady Galadriel
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends." — Gandalf
“I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.” - Faramir
"Many are the strange chances of the world, and help oft shall come from the hands of the weak when the wise falter." — Gandalf
“Courage is found in unlikely places.” –J.R.R. Tolkien
“I will not say, do not weep, for not all tears are evil.” – Gandalf
“You can only come to the morning through the shadows.” –J.R.R. Tolkien
“I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay, small acts of kindness and love.” – Gandalf
"It may be said that the chief purpose of life, for any one of us, is to increase according to our capacity our knowledge of God by all the means we have, and to be moved by it to praise and thanks." - J.R.R. Tolkien
"Above all shadows rides the Sun." - J.R.R. Tolkien
"It's like in the great tales, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going, because they were holding on to something... That there is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for!"
- Samwise Gamgee
Secondly, about my blog: Naturally, I will post things of interest to me (and hopefully, of interest to you as well!); therefore, the stuff about me that you can view above is mainly what I will be posting on! So, if you found the introduction interesting, the blog will no doubt be the same!
Thank you for dropping by! I hope this, my humble dwelling, will be found to be a blessing to you, and that you will come here and back again! God Bless!
- J.S.P.S. Before you go, would you mind signing this guestbook for me, so that I know that you've been here? Thanks!